GREENVILLE, N.C., May 13, 2019 – New Growth Designs, creator of Enduraleaf permanent outdoor greenery, announces a new, exclusive product formulation that extends the life of its weatherproof foliage. This recyclable, UV-stable product is now guaranteed to last 10 years in normal outdoor conditions (five years in harsh sun climates) with no fading, no strength loss and no maintenance. Sun, rain, snow, cold, heat, salt, animals and insects are no problem, making them an ideal product for outdoor hospitality spaces.
“On the surface, Enduraleaf seems like a simple solution for areas where real plants are hard to grow or to irrigate,” said New Growth Designs CEO Ed Glenn. “But it goes much deeper than that. Enduraleaf is a sustainable choice. You buy one plant to last 10 years and then recycle it curbside. That eliminates a decade of water usage, pesticides and labor costs.”
Showing at the HD Expo are the new boxwoods which feature lifelike color variations and growth patterns. Available in a variety of hedges and balls, as well as 12-inch-by-12-inch interlocking mats for custom installations. Several new grasses will be on display as well.
- Realistic foliage
- UV Stable
- Easy installation
- Available as pre-formed hedges, latticework and mats that can be custom trimmed
- 10-year lifespan outdoors
Tonik/New Growth Designs Partnership
Also new at HD Expo is a partnership with Tonik, the maker of contemporary, polyethylene outdoor products. Tonik’s Dimple, a playfully-shaped planter, will be paired with custom-fittled Enduraleaf grasses. These clean lined, contemporary pairings are ideal for outdoor areas with high sun exposure and irrigation challenges. Dimple is available in 20 colorways and can be paired with either Liriope or Orchard grass, which comes in three colorways: green, gray/green and yellow. The products are on display at both the New Growth Designs (#2711) and Tonik (#3375) showrooms.
New Indoor Trees
- 5-foot-tall Aralia Balfournia tree
- Rounded faux fresh leaves with a curved shape; lifelike veining and slight red color on leaf edges. While only 5 foot in height, this tree shapes out to almost 4 feet in diameter, making a dramatic statement. Potted in a 13-inch diameter mache nursery pot and finished with Durt®, an exclusive permanent potting mix created using softwood scraps from local sawmills.
- 5- and 8-foot-tall Olive trees
- Slender, silvery gray-green leaves on a realistic artificial trunk. This tall tree is an interesting addition to residential or commercial spaces. The 5-foot Olive tree is potted in a 10-inch-diameter mache nursery pot, while the 8-foot tree is potted in a 13-inch-diameter pot. Both are finished with Durt.
- 8-foot-tall Camellia Leaf tree
- Small, shiny green leaves on multiple branches atop a lifelike trunk. With a slender profile, use this tree where space is limited. The tree is planted in a 13-inch diameter mache nursery pot and finished with Durt.
- 6.5-foot-tall Japanese Fukuji Rubber tree
- This new tree features a special double layer fabric leaf that matches the rounded, thicker, fleshier density of the natural Fukuji leaf. This clean and simple tree makes a distinctive accent piece compared to the more familiar species of rubber trees. Potted and finished with Durt.
About New Growth Designs
New Growth Designs creates and sells the world’s most botanically correct permanent flowers, plants, trees and greenery. Since 1993, veteran florist Ed Glenn has been fashioning nature-driven designs for the Greenville, North Carolina-based company, which counts interior designers, architects, landscapers and luxury retailers among its devoted clientele. Connect with New Growth Designs on Facebookand Instagram, or visit the website at NewGrowthDesigns.com.
# # #